Catznip Second Life Viewer
Catznip is graphical client for Linden Lab's user created 3D virtual world, Second Life. Our aim is to refine and reinvent your in-world experience. Our focus is stability, usability, privacy and plenty of new original homegrown features. This viewer is listed in the official Linden Lab Third Party Viewer Directory. Read More....
Latest Release :
We were hoping that R8 would have everything you needed for Linden Lab's roll out of Server-side Appearance (SSA), and it would have, if LL hadn't decided there would be one more round of changes the day after we released. Talk about worse timing ever!
Catznip R8.1 is essentially R8 with the very latest SSA changes, a few crash fixes and tweak or two for good measure.
This is a mandatory update and is now the very minimum version of Catznip that is supported. We can not stress this enough, do NOT use anything older than R8.1 ever ever again. even if it snows, even if it snows fire.
- Download the Latest Release.
- Catznip R8 Release Notes.
- Catznip JIRA : Report bugs & Request Features in Catznip or RLVa.
- Follow us on .
These issues may be resolved in our beta viewer...
Next Version : Catznip R9
Catznip R9 is now in open beta.
Catznip R9 has materials, new particles and fitted mesh from Linden Lab.
The delays in launching are entirely down to adding CHUI from LL and doing a lot of clean up work only to find that it incurred a unacceptable drop in performance, a significant amount of time was lost trying to make it faster. In the end we reimplemented chat from scratch using a mixture of R8 and the best CHUI elements. The new chat interface is fast and tight with all the bells and whistles you expect (and maybe .. a few brand new ones).
Beta TestingLatest Release).
We really can't stress enough, as far as Catznip is concerned, BETA DOES NOT MEAN BETTER. There will be known issues, half finished features, incomplete UI and lots of weird behaviour. There is no support.
- You MUST use Catznip as your primary viewer.
- You will be a bit OCD with an urge to press every button you find, or repeat the same actions over and over just to find a repo.
- You must have an account on the Catznip JIRA and be able submit reports.
- You will probably dual boot Win / Linux and know what GDB is.
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to use the latest beta viewer.
- Updates are forced and might not work for you at all.
- Expect personal settings to be wiped without warning.
- Crash reports may submit significantly more data. Catznip:Privacy_policy.
To restate. If you just want to see the new Catznip, then our beta team is NOT for you. If you're still interested and feeling brave, head over to our Beta Testers page and dive in!
|Catznip Features||Update Catznip||Catznip Support||Category:Development||Category:RLVa|