Clean Install OSX
A clean install is a manual procedure that removes the viewer, all cache, configuration files and replaces it with a completely fresh install. If you are doing this as part of a viewer update, then we recommend you follow ALL of the steps in order.
If you are not installing a newer version of Catznip then you should read our Troubleshooting Guide first.
Do NOT attempt to follow these instructions while the viewer is running
Note : Images are for guidance only, please read the instructions carefully.
- Open Finder, from the top menu Go > Go to Folder and enter ~/Library/Application Support/Catznip
- If you wish to delete all chat logs as well as removing the settings, drag ALL folders in the right pane to the trash.
- If you do not wish to delete all chat logs, in the right pane, delete the user_settings, logs and browser_profile folders.
- Enter each of the user named folders one by one (trinity_dejavu in the screenshot) and delete ONLY the browser_profile folder and all XML files. It may help to sort the folder view by type.
Manually Clear the Cache
- Open Finder, from the top menu Go > Go to Folder and enter ~/Library/Caches
- Drag the Catznip folder to the trash.
Remove and Reinstall
- Open Applications and drag Catznip to the Trash.
- Download the Latest Release and install as normal.