Catznip R7 Release Notes
- 1 Catznip R7 (2012-10-23)
- 2 New Features
- 3 Bugfixes
Catznip R7 (2012-10-23)
These issues may be resolved in our beta viewer...
This release has been a while in the making and includes a lot of changes and new features.
- Cross platform Automatic Updates for all future versions.
- Session and Persistent object derendering.
- Limited Build Tools, Not the same as other TPV's, stop gap.
- Overhauled Mini Map
- Texture exporting now supports multiple filetypes and remembers your last choice.
- Fixed every file dialog timing the viewer out.
- Per avatar Voice Controls.
- Inventory Cut & Paste made to work like a file manager should.
Lots of new features in this release with many that have been asked for via our Support Group. All brand new work and functionality.
Future updates can now optionally be downloaded by the viewer in the background.
- changed : redesign the update experience
- -> used Trinity's redesigned update floater
- -> changed the DownloadBackground* notifications to be more descriptive
- fixed : combobox dropdown opens behind other UI elements when places on a modal dialog
- changed : redesign the update experience
- -> review of optional and required updates with notification before download
- -> review of optional and required updates with notification before installation
- -> clicking "Later" will not show the update reminder for the next 48 hours
- -> if installer is available at start-up, follow the "download complete" code path rather than just running the updater
- -> normalized 'UpdaterServiceSetting' values and actually made it do something useful
- changed : use the new icon set for the installer
Linden lab added 'Cut' to the inventory context menu which rather than working like ever file manager ever, worked like a text editor. So when you cut your selection vanished and if you then cut something else your previous was trashed.
Not having any of that insanity. Cut and Paste in inventory works exactly like it does in every file manager ever.
- changed : don't hide/filter inventory items that have been "Cut"
- changed : don't move "Cut" inventory items to the trash
- changed : "Cut" inventory items now have a distinct visual look
- fixed : can't "Cut" folders that contain worn items
- -> "Cut" folders were being checked for "can move" and "can remove"
- -> "can move" contained virtually no checks so the relevant "can remove" checks were moved over and the "can remove" condition dropped
Brand new derender that is unique among TPV's with both session and persistent removal of objects, removed entries instantly rerez back in-world without requiring a tp'ing away and back or relog.
- added : basic derender functionality ("Derender" option on the object context and object gear menus).
- -> Derender will prevent the object from rerezzing.
- added : derender list floater (also contains the mute list)
- added : the ability to remove entries from the derender list and have them reappear in-world without requiring a teleport/relog
- added : persistent derender option ("Block Visually" option on the object context menu)
- changed : pop-up the "blocked" floater with the entry highlighted when derendering a new object
Group moderators in are now show bold and sorted at the top in the participants list.
- added : show moderators in bold in the group participant list
- -> also changes the sorting by status first and then by name
- added : moderators' names show in bold in group chat
- -> for header style chat "(Moderator)" is added to the username
- fixed : group participant list doesn't resort itself when an avatar name resolves
- -> since names tend to resolve at the same time the list will only resort once per frame
Improved Chat Logging
Local chat log informations changed from ...
[02:56] Second Life: secondlife:///app/agent/a9691bdb-ba37-452f-afba-51007c4139f1/about is online. [02:57] Second Life: Teleport offer sent to secondlife:///app/agent/a9691bdb-ba37-452f-afba-51007c4139f1/displayname
... to ...
[02:56] Second Life: Catznip (catznip) is online. [02:57] Second Life: Teleport offer sent to Catznip
... which is much more useful.
- fixed : "FriendOnline" notification (among others) logs SLurls to the nearby chat log
- fixed : "FriendOnline" notification (among others) logs SLurls to the IM log
- fixed : "PaymentXXX" notifications still log a SLurl to the log
- fixed : "TeleportOffered" notification isn't being logged to nearby chat or IMs
Overhauled Mini Map (CTRL+SHIFT+M IN the viewer) can now show the world map image as a backround with parcel lines rendered over the top, special parcel flags are also shown (In addition to objects and such). Zoom menu has been redone with sensible settings.
- added : property line overlay on the minimap
- added : (optionally) colour collision parcels a transparent red
- added : (optionally) show for-sale parcels with a yellow highlight on the mini-map
- -> controlled by 'MiniMapForSaleParcels', defaults to off
- added : "MiniMapObjects" setting to control the rendering of objects on the minimap
- added : (optionally) use world map tile texture for the mini-map region texture
- changed : removed title bar from the mini-map + fixed vertical centering of directions
- changed : mini-map zoom levels for "Close", "Medium" and "Far" options
- changed : moved zoom options into a "Zoom" sub-menu
- added : "View Profile" context menu item for singular and context sub-menu for multiple dots on the mini-map
- added : "Place Profile" menu item to the mini-map context menu
- fixed : the inspector tooltip stays visible for too long and gets in the way
- -> params should now largely be identical to the legacy tooltips
- added : user-configurable color setting for the property lines on the mini-map
Limited Build Tools
Limited new build tools added including unique pipette pickers, parameter copy and paste, edit object at root, adjustable object axis and ability to rez objects under the land group even across parcel boundaries.
This is a long way from what we have in mind for the build tools so should be seen as a stop gap.
- added : "Axis at Root" checkbox on the build floater to position the axis on the center of the first (root) object in the selection rather than the center of the bounding box of the entire selection
- added : axis options floater to control the "AxisPosition" and "AxisOffset" settings
- added : copy/paste buttons to the build floater for position, size, rotation and prim parameters
- added : pipette pickers for the texture and color on the build tools texture tab
- added : 'Refresh' button to the build tools' 'Contents' panel
- added : "RezUnderLandGroup" setting to rez prims under the land group rather than the avatar's active group
- -> rezzing a prim across parcel borders will rez it with the proper parcel's group
- changed : uncommented the "Restore to Last Position" option in the inventory context menu
- -> added two (ignorable) notifications: one for copyable and one for non-copyable objects to prevent accidental usage
Fixed for *ALL* file dialogs in the viewer. You are no longer against the clock when opening or saving a local file.
- fixed : CATZ-16 WIP File picker dialogs block the viewer's main thread
- -> causes a server-side disconnect if the dialog stays open for around 1 minute
- -> changed LLFilePicker::getMultipleOpenFiles() to always take a callback
- -> changed LLFilePicker::getOpenFile() to always take a callback
- -> changed LLFilePicker::getSaveFile() to always take a callback
Catznip allows you to rearrange your IM tabs by draging them, this now now affects the chicklet order as well.
- added : rearranging an IM tab also rearranges the corresponding chiclet
- changed : restore a torn off IM floater to its previous tab position when redocking
Texture preview 'Save as' button is now a fly out and remember the last used format.
- added : "bmp" and "png" as file type options to the texture "Save As" file picker
- -> "Save As" preview button (or inventory context menu option) will show a file-picker with all three filetypes on Windows
- -> on non-Windows platforms it will show a file-picker for the last saved file format
- added : per-avatar voice volume slider in the "Voice settings" floater
- fixed : enabling voice causes the speaking indicator to appear underneath the text column in the nearby people panel
- fixed : speaking indicator is visible in friends and history people panels
- fixed : heap corruption warning due to freeing new'ed memory with free()
- fixed : crash in LLVOVolume::calcLOD()
- fixed : crash switching between the single- and multi-line chat bar if IMs aren't tabbed
- fixed : crash at logoff in LLTextBase::handleVisibilityChange()
- fixed : crash in LLRiggedVolume::update() with weight == NULL
- fixed : crash in LLViewerTextureList::removeImageFromList()
- fixed : crash in LLOctreeIntersect::check()
- fixed : multitude of crashes that can occur when the viewer gets disconnected
- fixed : potential script recovery crash at logon
- fixed : empty folders remain visible in the "Recent" tab
- fixed : embedded notecards are silently copied to inventory rather than opened when 'ShowNewInventory' is set to TRUE
- changed : raise the minimum LOD from 0.0 to 0.125
- changed : don't initialize the "Destination Guide" or "Avatar Picker" floaters until the user actually opens them
- fixed : an empty return closes the active IM rather than hiding it (with CloseIMOnEmptyReturn enabled)
- fixed : "Play Inworld" doesn't audibly play sound when "Play sound from gestures" is unchecked
- fixed : LLGroupMgr::processGroupTitlesReply() floods the log during log-on
- -> we won't request titles unless the active group changes (and not until after login completes)
- fixed : LLLandmarkList::onRegionHandle() floods the log during log-on
- fixed : various missing local image file references
- fixed : script recovery halts if an upload encouters an error
- fixed : bottom-aligned toasts don't (re)align with the right side of the window after resizing
- added : "Help / Catznip Blog" menu item to the login and main menu
- changed : redirect "Help / Report a Bug" to the issue tracker
- fixed : "Help / Second Life Help" shows "Page not found"
- fixed : "PromptShowURL" action shows both the custom and default load external URL notifications
- fixed : online/offline notifications are broken on non-English locales
- fixed : "XXX is offline" when opening an IM doesn't show the name on non-English locales
- fixed : release notes URL isn't available on non-English languages
- fixed : not all non-English languages show Catznip as the application name
- fixed : localized "WebLaunchBlog" notification and removed obvious references to LL
- fixed : point non-English download links to the Catznip website as well
- fixed : "Help / Report Bug" refers to "Linden Lab" and "Second Life" on non-English languages
- changed : @sittp=n no longer prevents @sit:<uuid>=force from succeeding if the target is >1.5m away
- changed : behaviours floater clean-up
- changed : locks floater clean-up
- changed : worn "nostrip" items show in the locks debug floater
- fixed : "nostrip" doesn't have any effect when placed in the name of a folder that's a direct descendant of the inventory root
- fixed : llForceMouselook(TRUE) + issuing @edit=n on sit results in build floater popping up
- fixed : clicking chat toasts opens the speaking resident's profile when @shownames=n restricted
- fixed : can not delete a self-owned prim - that isn't sat upon - when @unsit=n restricted
- fixed : clicking "Show" on an inventory offer opens the inventory floater when @showinv=n restricted