|Catznip Release : R12.2|
These pages are intended for people wanting to assist with Catznip Development, Alpha and Beta testing, and compiling the viewer for Second Life themselves from source. Are you really sure you want to be here?
Viewer features may not be discoverable, user interface may be incomplete, non functional or entirely missing. There will be many bugs and crashes and this may incur asset loss, fires and lost productivity. You might not even be able to log in, or end up wishing you hadn't.
Alpha means broken. There is no support. INVITE ONLY.
We are always looking to expand our beta test team! This is NOT the place to come looking for the latest feature complete version of the viewer (See our Latest Release).
We really can't stress enough, as far as Catznip is concerned, BETA DOES NOT MEAN BETTER. There will be known issues, half finished features, incomplete UI and lots of weird behaviour. There is no support.
- You MUST use Catznip as your primary viewer.
- You will be a bit OCD with an urge to press every button you find, or repeat the same actions over and over just to find a repo.
- You must have an account on the Catznip JIRA and be able submit reports.
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to use the latest beta viewer.
- Updates are forced and might not work for you at all.
- Expect personal settings to be wiped without warning.
- Crash reports may submit significantly more data. Catznip:Privacy_policy.
To restate. If you just want to see the new Catznip, then our beta team is NOT for you. If you're still interested and feeling brave, head over to our Beta Testers page and dive in!
Compiling / Building the viewer
We do not support self builds of Catznip. We do not support self building at all. We will not help you debug your build environment and we don't promise any instructions provided here will be accurate, complete or even helpful. In short, you're on your own. May the force be with you.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
Pages in category "Development"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Catznip 2.6 Release Notes
- Catznip 2.8 Release Notes
- Catznip 2.8.0 f RC 5 Release Notes
- Catznip 3.2.0 Beta Release Notes
- Catznip 3.2.0 R3 & R4 Release Notes
- Catznip R10 Release Notes
- Catznip R12 1 Release Notes
- Catznip R12 2 Release Notes
- Catznip R5 Release Notes
- Catznip R6 Release Notes
- Catznip R7 Release Notes
- Catznip R8 Release Notes
- Catznip R8.1 Release Notes
- Catznip R9 Release Notes
- Catznip Team
- Crash Debugger