Our beta viewers are often several iterations ahead of the main release, include newer Linden features and work in progress features from us. We do our best not to release a broken beta, but it can happen.
- You MUST get in touch if you spot something that isn't behaving correctly. Finding bugs in the beta before they end up in release is the whole point!
- Be a bit OCD with an urge to press every button you find, or repeat the same actions over and over just to find a repo.
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to use the latest beta viewer.
- Updates are forced and might not work for you at all (rare, but you know .. it could happen).
- Personal settings to be wiped without warning.
- Crash reports may submit significantly more data. Catznip:Privacy_policy.
Becoming a Beta Tester
Catznip Viewer Group
To join or open the Catznip Viewer group from in the viewer, top menu click Help > Catznip Support Group. You can also paste the following in chat in the viewer and click the link that appears.
Getting the Latest Beta
The latest beta may be downloaded from https://get.catznip.com/downloads/beta
Beta Viewer Updates
Beta viewers will automatically update themselves to the latest version and there is no option not to update. There is no guarantee that you will be able to use the latest beta viewer (in any capacity). Personal settings may be wiped without warning. Just because it worked yesterday doesn't mean it will work today.
Contributing Bug Reports
Beta testing is all about feedback and reporting bugs, for this we use the Catznip JIRA.
You can also use the feedback button in the viewer or message us in world directly, if something is broken in a beta, we really need to know about it!